This October 1 & 2, 2009, the Motor City will transform into Fashion City, as Fashion In Detroit – a two-day fashion show extravaganza to rival other Fashion Weeks around the U.S. – makes its debut in a tented, high-end setting at the Detroit Zoo, in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Created by Project Runway’s Joe Faris, of Birmingham, the Fashion In Detroit executive committee is made up of Detroit’s heaviest hitters in fashion, beauty and event management: Leslie Ann Pilling, nationally renowned designer and president of Presence II Productions and Leslie Ann Pilling Design, Rino, owner of FIGO salon, Karen Buscemi, editor of StyleLine magazine, Lians, international fashion photographer and co-owner of LM Studios, and K’Kio Hardin, international designer/art director.
“My purpose for spearheading this event is to put a fashion spotlight on Detroit and create a venue that fills the needs of many locally based designers and the Detroit fashion community,” says Faris, who will show two of his lines at the event. The two-day event will include 12 fashion shows by premier designers, a VIP private reception, an Afterglow bash with top-name rock concert and “Made In Michigan” product displays. Each day’s admission ticket includes six fashion shows, gift bags, a souvenir guidebook/lookbook and other fun surprises.
Situated between the dates of New York Fashion Week and LA Fashion Week, Fashion In Detroit will feature top models showcasing the best designs of Spring 2010 on a 60-foot runway in a spacious tent with VIP seating, risers and standing room for 500 guests. StyleLine’s Karen Buscemi will host the event, with music by some of the hottest artists from Detroit.
In addition to creating a sensational fashion event, the FID executive committee wants to help make a difference for Michigan. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will go to a local charity, plus a grant will be presented to one local fashion designer. Recognition will also be given to one person who has made a difference in the Detroit fashion community, with a donation in his or her name presented to the Detroit Zoo.
For more information, to learn about sponsorship and advertising opportunities or to see the updated designer list, visit www.fashionindetroit.com, call 248.723.9770 or email [email protected]
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017