The witty and charming Tim Gunn gave fans some great fashion advice yesterday at Somerset Collection. Being his usual cheeky self, Tim’s smirks and comments only left the crowd wanting more. As he hosted a fall fashion show with designs from Kate Spade New York, Lucky Jeans, Kensie, Juicy Couture and DKNY Jeans, he seemed surprised at some of the outfits he was commenting on as though he didn’t know about the chosen pieces ahead of time.
This may have been the plan or it may not have been. As most of the ensembles looked as though they were for more juniors than not, Tim joked and told the crowd repeatedly, “Ladies, if you have already graduated high school, don’t shop in the juniors section!”
Giving advice like, “not everybody can wear this,” and “if you dress with panache and confidence, the world will believe you”, Tim was all knowing and rightfully so.
Some of the new fall fashion trends at the show were rolled skinny jeans with ballet flats, a 3/4 sleeve boyfriend blazer paired with driving gloves and most importantly, layers! Many of the models were wearing layers of clothes, including layers of prints, layers of necklaces and layers of designers, proving you don’t have to stick to just one look. This fall you can pair plaid with florals, if done correctly, and several necklaces instead of one to make your outfit “pop”. Another piece of advice, black is still in, “just wear it with sprinkles of color”.
Tim’s fans then visited him for a professional photo while being served champagne and chocolates and free make overs by Sephora, all on a dazzling, Saturday afternoon.
Thanks Tim for bringing your great personality and fun fashion advice to Detroit! The event was smashing and we can’t wait to see you again!
Cover page photo taken by Margarita Barry/Shannon Lazovski of Glamorous Moms with Tim Gunn at Somerset Collection
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017