Help Metro Detroiters Heat Up This Winter – THAW Online Auction Features Perfect Gifts for Valentine’s Day
Grand, romantic gifts and sweet little sentiments should be as unique as the recipient, so skip the malls and big box stores this Valentine’s Day and try giving a gift that gives back.
WWJ Newsradio 950 and The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) are launching an online auction to raise donations to help local families keep warm this winter. All auction proceeds will benefit the 7th Annual Winter Survival Radiothon for THAW and there are dozens of items available that would make the perfect Valentine’s surprise. Samplings of ideas are listed below.
All items are available for bid from Feb. 2-11 at www.wwj.com.
For the Romantic:
· Learn to cook as a couple with a cooking class for two from J. Baldwin’s Restaurant & Premier Catering.
· Travel to Boyne Highlands Resort to enjoy a ski package including one night’s lodging, a pair of unlimited lift tickets and breakfast for two.
· Take dance lessons with a four-session package from Arthur Murray Dance Studio.
· Check out dozens of additional gift certificates from area restaurants to theaters available for grabs.
For the Single and Ready to Mingle:
· Laugh yourself silly with 10 admissions to Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle in downtown Royal Oak.
· Gather 10 friends for a walking bar tour of Detroit (tour provided by Inside Detroit).
· Roller skate your worries away with 10 friends, courtesy of Skate World of Troy.
· Enjoy a private wine tasting and tour with 12 friends at Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery in Traverse City.
· Have a musical experience with 4 admission tickets to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.
· Cuddle up to a new furry friend with a $300 certificate toward a puppy or $100 toward supplies from Petland in Twelve Oaks Mall.
· Bid to win other great gifts for the whole family including tickets to the Detroit Zoo, Ann Arbor’s Hands On Museum or to see “Elmo’s Green Thumb” live at the Fox Theater.
If you bid and win any of these items, not only will your friends or sweetie be impressed with your gift, but you will feel great knowing that the money was spent on a great cause!
THAW is an independent non-profit agency that provides low-income individuals and families throughout Michigan with emergency energy assistance and advocates for long-term solutions to energy issues. Since its inception in 1985, Detroit-based THAW has provided $83 million in assistance to more than 135,000 Michigan households, including elderly, unemployed, underemployed and disabled individuals who found themselves in temporary crisis. During the 2008-2009 heating season, THAW distributed $14,772,775 in energy assistance to more than 11,000 households. THAW has been awarded a Four Star Charity Rating (the highest) by Charity Navigator for the past six years.