Hollywood wardrobe designer Couni Young, from Commerce Twp, shared some very exciting fashion tips with us as well as her secrets to dressing the stars, right here in metro Detroit. Couni has only been a wardrobe designer for two years but boy does she have a talent for picking and choosing the best items for her Hollywood starlets.
With more of a personal Bohemian/eclectic style for herself, Couni has no problem picking out a pair of great shoes at Neiman Marcus and wearing them with a one of kind vintage coat from her favorite thrift store. We asked Couni where her favorite places to shop were here in metro Detroit and she was quick to share her secrets!
When in search for great Chanel pieces for her “high powered” clientele such as Faye Dunaway, she works closely with Patty Larson from Neiman Marcus. When she’s in need of a great tailored men’s suit, Doug Holfman of L’Uomo Vogue in Bloomfield Hills, (whom she claims is the “suit guru”) can pick out the right suit, the right fit with the perfect cut right on the spot.
More of her local favorites are Incognito and Lost & Found, both in Royal Oak. When she needs a great pair of “kicks”, Burn Rubber, also of Royal Oak, has many “one of a kinds” for her to choose from, especially when their exotic and colorful and she can easily pair them with a great men’s suit.
We asked her if she could give our readers her best fashion advice and recommend three main pieces that she thinks should be in EVERY woman’s wardrobe, she responded with, “Every woman should have a black blazer, black slacks and a very nice pair of black shoes.” All three pieces can be mixed and matched and will never go out of style. Her advice is to never throw anything away, and to be careful getting too trendy with your purchases. Classic pieces, that fit great, are ones that will stay in a woman’s wardrobe for a very long time.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017