Registration Now Open for Camp Heart 2 Heart
Children’s grief experts design a day to meet the special needs of kids, teens coping with loss
ANN ARBOR, Mich., (May 21, 2010) – One of Arbor Hospice’s most powerful programs returns this summer for children, teens and families coping with the loss of a loved one.
Camp Heart 2 Heart is set for Saturday, June 5, 2010, at YMCA Storer Camps in Jackson, Mich.
The activity-centered, day-long event is designed to meet the needs of children, teens and families who have experienced the death of a family member or loved one in their life.
“It’s a useful resource for families especially. They have the opportunity to meet other children and adults going through a similar experience,” said Melissa Schultz, a children’s grief support expert with Arbor Hospice.
The camp is open to any child or family coping with the loss of a loved one.
“The person they’re grieving isn’t necessarily a parent. It could be a grandparent, a classmate, just someone important in their lives,” Schultz said.
The camp’s schedule combines traditional camp experiences such as boating and campfires, with age-specific grief support activities led by trained volunteers and staff from Arbor Hospice and Ele’s Place. Activities utilize music and introduce coping skills to help participants gain confidence and trust, and build friendships with others facing similar losses.
Cost is $10 per family, with scholarships available where needed. Camp Heart 2 Heart runs from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., ending with an all-participant activity that will honor the memory of loved ones.
Camp Heart 2 Heart is a collaborative effort between Arbor Hospice and Ele’s Place.
For more information or to register, call Arbor Hospice at (734) 794-5460 or e-mail [email protected].
About Arbor Hospice and The Arbor Hospice Foundation
For more than 25 years Arbor Hospice has been committed to providing quality, compassionate care for those experiencing the end-of-life journey. Arbor Hospice, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization, is integrated into the community with the help of its experienced staff and caring volunteers through its certified hospice services, inpatient hospice facility, grief support services and community education programs. Arbor Hospice serves Ann Arbor and communities in Washtenaw, Western Wayne Counties and Downriver with offices in Ann Arbor, Plymouth and Woodhaven. The Arbor Hospice Foundation provides philanthropic support for programs and services provided to more than 7,000 individuals including patients, their families and community members served by Arbor Hospice. For more information, visit www.arborhospice.org or call 1-888-992-2273.
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017