Women’s Health Seminar & Luncheon featuring Helen Phillips & the Detroit Medical Center Specialists
Presented by Sam’s Club & Walmart
MI- MAY 3, 2010 – The Women Healing Women Foundation has partnered with Sam’s Club and Walmart and the Detroit Medical Center (DMC) to host an event focused on women’s health and awareness. The event will consist of a women’s health workshop to be held at the Charles H. Wright Museum in Detroit on June 19, 2010 and a 5k walk on June 27, 2010. The women’s health workshop will include a health talk and question and answer session featuring Helen Phillips, winner of NBC’s hit television show “The Biggest Loser”, and an executive panel of DMC doctors specializing in ob/gyn, cardiology, urinary and pelvic health, diabetes and hypertension and weight management. The workshop will be immediately followed by a luncheon and networking reception. On June 27, Phillips will lead over 500 people on a 5k walk down the Riverwalk alongside the Detroit River for the “Helen Phillips Health Walk”.
Women Healing Women LLC goal is to bring awareness to, and create an environment for, positive change for women in the world. We believe that all women are born with unique and powerful gifts that must be identified and developed so that we reach our full potential. This potential is to be used for the healing that must take place in our society: physically, psychologically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially,” stated founder and CEO of WHW, Judy Malinowski.
The Women Healing Women Health Workshop on Saturday, June 19, will feature Phillips as the keynote speaker alongside select doctors from the DMC speaking on and answering questions focusing on various topics of women’s health. The DMC will have six doctors in attendance along with staff to provide information not only on health topics but on the services their facility provides to the public. Immediately following will be a luncheon and networking hour sponsored by Sam’s Club and Walmart allowing guests to receive gifts, discounts and more.
The following weekend, Phillips is celebrating her healthy lifestyle and 50th birthday milestone at the “Helen Phillips Health Walk” on Sunday, June 27. She will be encouraging other women to transform their lives while helping to raise awareness for heart disease and women’s health issues. Proceeds will be donated to the DMC.
Women Healing Women Foundation will also hold a second event in 2010 that will consist of a VIP networking evening and a women’s expo the following day. This is scheduled to be held in September in the metro Detroit area. Please check the website for all updates.
Ticket prices for the all events are available on the website www.whwevent.com. For more information about the event or becoming a sponsor please contact event manager, Elyse Pachota, at [email protected] or (877) 707-4B1M (4216).
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017