Fashion in Detroit, otherwise known as FID, is hosting a design contest for Michigan fashion designers. FID will grant one lucky designer, either students or already established designers, the opportunity to showcase their collection in the October 2011 Fashion in Detroit show. Buyers and fashion industry professionals will be able to view the collection giving the local winner a chance to shine and start their fashion career with a bang.
FID is a two day fashion event that started back in October 2009. It’s co-creaters consist of Project Runway’s Joe Faris, Styleline Magazine editor Karen Buscemi, Leslie Ann Pilling of Presence II Productions, K’Kio Hardin and photographer Lians Jaden. This year the Fashion in Detroit event will take place at Motor City Casino Hotel, downtown Detroit, October 22nd-23rd. Within two days, fashion lovers will enjoy twelve runway shows by local and national designers, a VIP private reception, an afterglow party and a chance to win several fun giveaways.
For designers interested in entering, they must send a cover letter along with a resume and photos of five different designs to [email protected]. All submissions must be in by midnight, Aug. 1, 2010. The winner will be announced on Day 1 of Fashion In Detroit.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017