Wow! Summer has just flown by, and what a busy summer indeed. Graduation parties are all wrapped up and the next school year is about to begin. For some of us, our children will be heading to college, some heading to the military, and some, to their first day of kindergarten.
It was a whirlwind of a summer even though it was a great one. But when times are busy, we find ourselves forgetting to take a minute to take it all in. Then we start to feel guilty that we still did not reach the goals we made for ourselves. “Where did the time go?” Sound familiar? I know it does…we as mothers always put our families ahead of ourselves, not that there’s anything wrong with that. It’s just that it seems we always walk away feeling like something is still missing. The one thing that is always in the back of our minds that is still left to be mastered. That’s right, our weight loss/health goals.
Instead of constantly wondering when you can achieve your goals, you must take action NOW instead of delaying your dreams! So get your calendar out and move things around. Be sure to fit in some “me” time.
I am speaking from experience. This summer was the summer of my sons high school graduation. Of course, those of you that have gone through preparing such a party know the work that is involved. Not to mention every weekend you are busy going to friends grad parties that you would never dream of missing, even if your invited to nine parties in one day!! Plus, in between all of this, your still working and taking care of your home and families’ needs not to mention your own. But summer isn’t over yet and neither are your goals. I am here to remind you, not to give up. You can still do it! I think we have to ask ourselves at this moment, is it that I can’t do it? Or, that I won’t do it? It’s funny how I thought of this when I was on the Biggest Loser Ranch and was faced with much more difficult challenges. I would ask myself this question, can’t or won’t? So, I sat down and asked myself what was it that I wanted to do in the beginning of the summer? I started to write a list. Of course, some things I just would not have the time for, like scuba diving in the Caribbean. However, there were others I could accomplish before summer completely ended.
1. Start walking / running 10 or more miles a day.
2. Do something fun…such as kayaking up north.
3. Bike ride down the new long bike paths friends and fans tell me about.
4. Get those roller blades out dust them off and go for a spin.
5. Go out and Dance!! ( like no one is watching 🙂 )
6. Meet with old and new friends at an outdoor cafe and sit and talk for hours.
while sipping a glass of wine or two. All while planning a new adventure together.
7. Hike down those long wooded trails.
8. Learn to golf ( NO CART)
9. Set aside the date for next year to go scuba diving in the Caribbean.
So far I have accomplished # 1,2,5,6 and 7. So far I feel good about spending a little time on me. It makes me feel grounded as I’m sure it makes you feel that way too. We are mothers, bread winners, educators to our children, we need to lead them into a healthy lifestyle so we need to live one ourselves. So please, spend time with your families doing all the things you love to do. Just remember that your likes and interest’s are important too! So go now…you know you want to dance like no one is watching!
Write in and leave me a note in the comment section. Tell me how you are achieving your goals! I would love to hear from you!
In Health and Fitness,
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017