The Holidays are fast approaching and even though you’ll spend hours and hours at the mall shopping for the perfect dress for your next Holiday party, we both know you’ll end up wearing your favorite little black dress in your closet. We all have one. It’s the dress that fits perfectly in all the right places, the dress that makes you feel great no matter what the occasion is, and the dress your man always enjoys no matter how many times he has seen you in it.
Go ahead, you have our persmission to wear that LBD, just make sure your dressing it up in all the right ways. Here are a few rules to follow to make sure your your LBD look is not only hot, but up to date.
- Rule #1 – Make sure your dress is kept clean and pressed. Taking care of your clothes is key to making sure they last longer. You never know when the mall choices fail you and you just may need to pull it out of your closet for a last minute fashion emergency.
- Rule #2 – Wear jewelry that compliments your dress not overpowers it. Choose a chunky necklace, a hot cuff bracelet or a stunning dinner ring but not all three. Wearing all three with earrings too is a big mistake some ladies make when headed out for a night on the town. Wear statement pieces and let them stand alone. Remember your LBD is the main part of your wardrobe, be sure to keep it that way.
- Rule #3 – Wear a great pair of shoes. Patent leather is always perfect for a special occasion. A little bit of shine on your foot finishes your look from head to toe and patent leather is always a dressier choice. Choose nude to elongate the leg or a turquoise or hot pink heel to add some flirtiness.
- Rule #3 – Wear something over the shoulders. During the Holidays, the weather can get quite chilly. For a more relaxed yet feminine look, wear a fitted cardigan in a blush or nude color. For an edgier look, add a cropped leather jacket. Or, if your headed to a black tie gala, be sure to add a faux fur stole to simply rest on your shoulders for a more glamorous look.
- Rule #4 – Don’t forget your clutch. A woman should always have a perfect clutch for her LBD occassions. Wearing your big oversized purse on your shoulder is sure to confuse your look and dress down your little black dress. Don’t miss the point of your evening’s outfit. Grab your lipgloss and ID and stick with a feminine clutch for the evening.
- Rule #5 – Wear smart make up. Whether it’s your eyes or your lips, pick one to stand out, not both. Heavy red lips and a dark smokey eye will certainly prove to others that your trying too hard. Soft, natural eye make up looks best with a stunning red lip and a dramatic smokey eye looks best with nude lip. Pick one that works best for you.
Remember these rules while getting ready for your next Holiday party. Your accessories can either make or break your look. If everything is done in moderation and you focus on bringing your natural beauty out, your little black dress will always look perfect. Even if you did wear it last year.
$440 – bloomingdales.com
Black cocktail dresses »
$230 – zappos.com
Bracelet bangle »
$25 – barneys.com
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017