The Museum of Contemporary Art’s annual cocktails & dance party, or otherwise known as MOCA Bash Surf’s Up fundraiser, is just a couple weeks away. On February 19, 2011, over 800 supporters are expected to attend this fun and free beach party, ready to celebrate the thrills of surfing. Guests will enjoy live entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, cocktails and dancing.
With top sponsors such as Audi, Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney, Alan and Diane Lieberman, Ray Ellen and Allan Yarkin, Janice and Alan Lipton, and Barbara Z. Herzberg, this event is definitely going to be the best one yet. Partygoers are invited to experience all aspects of the surfing lifestyle. Colorful surfboards and paddle boards are suspended from the ceiling, undulating fabrics mimicking ocean waves, lifeguard stands, and bonfires will capture the essence of beach life. Skateboarders and classic surf films will entertain the guests and guest DJs will rock the dance floor. What is the attire you ask? Don’t show up unless your dress to impress wearing your favorite beach chic outfit.
The evening will also include a silent auction offering original artwork by Raymond Pettibon, Daniel Arsham, and Russell Crotty; surfing lessons and 2 night stay at Hans Headman Surf School in Honolulu, Hawaii; 3 nights at Ollie’s Surf Camp in Tamarindo, Costa Rica; hotel stays at the Taj in India ; VIP passes to The Armory Show in New York and Art Basel Miami Beach; dinner for 8 prepared by the chef from STK; a tour of Wynwoodgalleries with MOCA Director Bonnie Clearwater and the list goes on. Bidding is currently going at www.mocanomi.org/cmarket.
MOCA Bash Surf’s Up will take place from 8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. at the Museum of Contemporary Art located at 770 NE 125th Street North Miami, FL. Tickets are $175 and may be purchased by calling 305- 893- 6211 or by visiting www.mocanomi.org. Proceeds will benefit the museum‘s public programs and art acquisition fund.
Photo – Courtesy of socialmiami.com
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017