It’s time for the second annual celebrity softball game here in Detroit. Detroit Lion Derrick Williams and Detroit Piston Charlie Villanueva have teamed up to host the second annual softball game on June 11, 2011 in Royal Oak at Memorial Park. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Mealz on DWheels Foundation and the Charlie Villanueva Family Foundation.
“This program was very fun for me to start, I remember when I was in elementary school NFL players would come visit us and I never forgot that, now that I am here in Detroit and have the opportunity to give back, I want to do that whenever possible”, says Williams.
Because last year’s game was such a success, Detroit Piston Charlie Villanueva joined in on the fun and challenged Williams to a NBA vs NFL players game. What started out as a friendly challenge over Twitter between players led to a family fun event supporting two great causes and benefiting the unity of the community at the same time.
Sponsors such as Nike, Powerade, Best Buy and other great sponsors were able to come together and make this game happen a second year in a row.
The event will be held at 3:00 p.m. with a home run derby. The softball game will immediately follow at 3:30 p.m. The field doors will open to fans at 1:00 p.m. Tickets are just $10, children under five years of age are free. Tickets can be purchased at www.celebritysoftballgame.com
Memorial Park is located at 13 mile and Woodward Ave, Royal Oak, Mi.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017