New York Fashion Week is all said and done, but how do we apply what we’ve seen on the runways into our real life closets? Well, I think I can help. Color blocking was a big hit this year during the Spring 2012 runway shows but color blocking isn’t just for the models. You too can color block with bright and vibrant hues and look stunning.
Fall is here and Winter is fast approaching, but that doesn’t mean we have to default to blacks and browns for the next six months. I too am guilty of getting into my comfortable dark clothing zone. If you’ve seen me out and about then you know I have a habit of wearing black on black on black with black shoes. Yes, I’m comfortable in black. But, it’s time to venture out of that comfort zone and I hope you can do it with me. If we start now, maybe by Spring we can look as good as Sarah Jessica Parker did (wearing pink and red) on the Jay Leno Show.
Let’s start with color choices. The runways displayed a ton of bright “look at me colors”. Colors like bright green, yellow, orange, pink and blue were the main vibrant hues in most of the shows during NYFW. Pairing unexpected colors together is acceptable so picking your favorites is a good start. It’s important to like what your wearing right?. Color pairs that work are orange & pink, red & pink, and bright green & blue.
To get color blocking right, make sure clothing is in solid colors, the colors are bold and bright and leave the prints alone. If you have a great look share it with us on Facebook and on Twitter. We’ll celebrate with you by retweeting your outfits and “liking” your look on FB. I’m eager to brighten my wardrobe, are you?
Shannon Lazovski is the editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com. She also owns detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; connecting mom bloggers in the Metro Detroit area with pr firms, brands and each other for social media campaigns. She is a freelance writer, fashion and mom blogger, service & product reviewer, image consultant and make up artist wrapped up into one little beauty obsessed package eager to share what she knows to help others shine. She loves to collect, jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017