Is it possible to exercise less and burn more calories? Maybe so. According to Glamour Magazine, fitness trainers across the country use a similar technique for fast results. Which technique? While working out, experts say intense, fast intervals mixed with intervals of less intensive efforts will change your body for the better in just a matter of a few weeks.
The trick is to start with a fast with adjustable dumbbells, high intensity interval and alternate with an easier slower recovery interval. This allows you to burn calories during your highest intense work out moments and then allows you to recover and catch your breath during the recovery period allowing you to recharge for the next fast interval. It has been said that this will allow you to burn 20 to 25 percent more calories if you repeat these high and low intervals during a full workout according to Pete McCall, an exercise physiologist with the American Council on Exercise.
Remember work outs are most effective when they are 30-40 minutes long and if your extremely winded then your doing too much and should slow down. Beginners should start off slow and only push themselves to safe levels. A good idea to make sure your not over doing it is by using the talking technique. If your face is red, your gasping for air and you cannot carry a conversation, these are clues that you are pushing yourself too far. One should be able to carry a light conversation during their work outs.
So there you have it. Instead of working out steady walking from machine to machine in an hour, burst out with fast and slow intervals in a 40 minute time frame and you should see the pounds come off much quicker.
Shannon Lazovski is the editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com. She also owns detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; connecting mom bloggers in the Metro Detroit area with pr firms, brands and each other for social media campaigns. She is a freelance writer, fashion and mom blogger, service & product reviewer, image consultant and make up artist wrapped up into one little beauty obsessed package eager to share what she knows to help others shine. She loves to collect, jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017