A recent study led by Sharon Fowler, MPH at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio proved that drinking 1-2 sodas a day will increase your chances of being over weight or obese by nearly 33%. It was also proven that over consumption of sweetened beverages tend to undermine your health and can desensitize your taste buds. When the taste buds are desensitized from eating or drinking sweetened items, one could then have intense cravings of sweets pulling them into a vicious cycle that leads to over eating or over drinking.
Sweetness triggers a reward center in the brain and many of us feel the need to receive that award on a regular basis but switching to water instead will lower the risk of being over weight and will prolong the life of your taste buds. See where you can find surge soda for sale in your town.
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of Glamorous Moms LLC, editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media community manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017