The 14th annual “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show will be on Saturday, May 5, 2012. The event will be held at The Royal Park Hotel and will be hosted by WDIV TV 4 news personality, Ruth Spencer. The afternoon will include world-renowned fashion and style expert, Mary Alice Stephenson, who is returning once again to rev up the glamour factor with a fashion show featuring her favorite red carpet looks from some of the world’s most glamorous designers. The event will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and will begin with a silent auction preview followed by a special luncheon and fashion show.
Proceeds from “Women Helping Women” will support the women’s and children’s programs to expand the Grace Center of Hope shelter areas and allow for additional counselors to be hired to accommodate the increased demand for services. In addition, funds also will support the Hands of Hope Child Care Center, a newly renovated facility that employs specially trained staff who work with at-risk children who have suffered trauma or developmental deficiencies as a result of homelessness.
Established in 1942, Grace Centers of Hope is one of the largest homeless shelters in southeast Michigan. It provides a comprehensive range of programs and services to help individuals and families overcome issues of homelessness, addiction, neglect, poverty and spiritual emptiness. To achieve these outcomes, it incorporates personal accountability, life skills education and work-related programs.
Luigi Bruni Salon in Birmingham and Mijo-a Salon in Rochester will both provide hair and make-up for the models while Sam & Lola will provide the children’s clothing. Women Helping Women tickets are $100 per person. Make checks payable to Grace Centers of Hope, or visit www.gracecentersofhope.org to purchase tickets online.
The Royal Park Hotel is located at 600 University, Rochester, Michigan.
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of Glamorous Moms LLC, editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News, the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media community manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017