Some of the best mood soothing and mood boosting foods are those that nourish the brain. And many of those great foods, believe it or not, support weight loss. Foods that boost your brain’s supply of the happiness chemical called serotonin are a good example of those that are needed for effective weight loss . Serotonin, being a neurotransmitter, is actually critical to weight loss. It’s made up of amino acids. One important one in particular is trytophan. The body is unable to make tryptophan on its own so getting it through a proper diet is crucial. The best foods known for tryptophan is turkey, flaxseeds, pork, lentils and peanuts. Many studies have proven that people who do not eat enough tryptophan are more likely to feel depressed from time to time. Typically when someone feels low, they are more susceptible to unnecessary cravings. Many people, women in particular, tend to have these cravings while feeling low. While some may crave sugar or salt, most crave carbohydrates when they are deficient in serotonin and we all know unnecessary carbs certainly do not contribute to healthy weight loss.
So, if you have been trying your hardest to lose weight and can’t figure out why you have plateaued, maybe you’re not getting enough trytophan. Also be sure to stay away from processed foods as those tend to make us feel sluggish and moody. A more natural diet, especially one that entails the tryptophan foods above, will keep you feeling healthy and alive with a more vibrant mood!
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of Glamorous Moms LLC, editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News, the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media community manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017