Many gals have said their “go-to” piece of clothing is their skinny jeans. Being able to wear them with just about anything, including a t-shirt, tank, tube top, a motorcycle jacket and/or a blazer, the skinny jean has been quite versatile for many of us. Once Spring hit, the colored skinnies really hit the scene and those who have been afraid to wear color finally came out of their shells as long as they found their security in their trendy denim.
Well another “go-to” piece of clothing that’s been scene on almost everywhere is the chambray shirt. Tailored to fit and easy to wear with just about anything, the chambray shirt is comfortable and very versatile. Who started this trend? That one is easy. During fashion week, models working day and night needed something loose and cozy to wear between shows. Something that was easy to take off and put on during the mad rush and something that was less than tight and restricting during their off hours. Models usually wear top-notch designer clothing on the runway but off stage, it’s all about comfort. People caught on to their cozy secret and now everyone’s wearing them!
Whether you are wearing it under your white blazer this weekend or over your swimsuit after a day at the beach, I guarantee your chambray shirt will keep you looking cool and feeling comfortable no matter where you are. You don’t have to be a model to dress like one.
Photo – Urban Outfitters , Lark & Wolff by Steven Allen Chambray Shirt, $59.00
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of Glamorous Moms LLC, editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media community manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017