Acne, age spots and skin blemishes affect nearly everyone, of all ages, at some point. Maintaining clear skin involves taking care of your skin on a daily basis and treating acne and other skin conditions as soon as they develop. By following these easy and affordable steps below, you can obtain and maintain healthy, radiant and beautiful skin!
Eat a healthy, balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, fish, legumes and nuts. Foods high in antioxidants promote healthy skin. Also be sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.
Treat acne as soon as it develops and refrain from squeezing or pinching blemishes. Squeezing will only make them worse and will cause the blemishes to flare up and become even more red and swollen. Leaving them alone will reduce the frequency of your breakouts and will prevent scaring.
Protect your skin from the damaging effects of UV radiation. In addition to increasing the risk of skin cancer, excessive sun exposure can cause unwanted age spots, wrinkles, freckles and dryness. Wearing sunscreen every time you are outdoors is key. Choose a daily moisturizer with an SPF level of 15 or higher.
Exercise regularly to increase circulation to your skin. During a work out, try to refrain from wearing make up. Even oil-free cosmetics can clog your pores. Make certain to cleanse your face immediately after exercising to wash away sweat and dirt. This will prevent acne breakouts.
Visit a dermatologist for evaluation and treatment if you suffer from severe or cystic acne, eczema, melasma, rosacea or another skin condition, as your dermatologist may suggest you buy differin acne medication online. Many skin disorders can lead to permanent scarring and unwanted discoloration. Professional treatment can help keep your skin clear and healthy.
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of SoGlam Media, editor of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017