Hurricane Sandy isn’t making it easy on those of us who like to workout outside. Because of the nasty storm, driving to the gym may not be an option either. So, why not burn calories right in your own home? Sometimes we have exactly what we need at home to burn calories and lose weight. Can’t think of any exercises you can do at home? Let us motivate you!
- Exercise #1 – Jump Rope – Jump rope at the highest intensity you can maintain for a total of 1 minute. Then slow it down and continue to jump rope (but at a slower, constant speed) to bring your heart rate down for a total of three minutes. Then jump rope again for a solid minute the fastest you can. Try three intervals of this routine. Make sure you monitor your heart rate and keep it at a safe high level and a safe low level. Don’t over do it, just stay consistent.
- Exercise #2 – Step Up – Place your left foot on the bottom step of your stairs and push your body up until both feet are on top. Step down with your left foot, and then your right. Repeat, this time starting with your right foot. Continue to alternate.
- Exercise #3 – Weighted Russian Twist – Hold a medicine ball or a dumbbell close to your chest as you sit in a v-sit with ankles together and feet in the air. Make sure you lean back slightly so your stomach muscles are tight. Now rotate the ball to your left hip and then to your right hip. Make sure your ankles stay lifted in the air and stay together. Move back and forth quickly counting every other hip as one count.
- Exercise #4 – Push Ups – Keeping your hands on the floor shoulder width apart, your feet together with toes touching the floor and your body rigid, lower yourself until your chest barely touches the floor. Repeat as many times as you can during one full minute.
- Exercise #5 – Walking Lunges – Step forward with your left foot, lower your body into a lunge. Now push your body back to a standing position and then step forward with your right foot repeating the stance carefully and slowly. During the lunge, make sure your knee does not over extend over your toes. Keep bent leg in a 90 degree position each time. Use your leg muscles to take each step and keep back straight with chin up.
There you have it, five exercises you can do in your very home home. We can’t promise they’ll be easy after the third and fourth reps but we can promise a little sweat!
Shannon Lazovski is a social media maven. She is the CEO of her own business, SoGlam Media, editor of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. Shannon is also the Fashion & Beauty Expert for the Village of Rochester Hills. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty & fashion.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017