Have you ever spent hours stripping stubborn, old, floral wallpaper from a wall? I know I have, when my husband was installing water walls in our living room for decor. If so, then you know it can take some time and you know the next paper you put on your wall should be a smart design choice. As busy moms, God knows, making a habit of taking wallpaper down on a regular basis is not in our glamorous plans. Close to fifteen years ago (and many more for some), wallpaper used to be a homeowner’s best friend. Almost every house had at least the dining room and a powder room covered in either stripes or flowers.
After a few years of homeowners calming down with the sticky paper, current trends are now headed back to bright, bold colors and graphic patterns. The fun part is if you like what’s on the market these days in terms of wall paper, you can try out this trend in non-committal doses. Below are five ways wall paper is acceptable today, including a few nonconventional ways that are perfect for first-timers.
On the Ceiling
Photo – Apartment Therapy
On One Designated Wall
On the Walls of an Entire Room
Photo – RMSer BelleInteriors via HGTV
Photo – Savvy Housekeeping
Shannon Lazovski is a social media maven. She is the CEO of her own business, SoGlam Media, editor of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. Shannon is also the Fashion & Beauty Expert for the Village of Rochester Hills. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty & fashion.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017