It’s no question the flu has hit America hard this year. Many have conquered the flu after four to five days of struggling while others have been hospitalized and needed medical assistance and monitoring for at least a week or more. If you are starting to feel under the weather or are currently experiencing some of the nasty and uncomfortable symptoms, taking care of yourself isn’t your only responsibility, it’s crucial that you are careful not to infect those around you as well.
Here are a few tips on how to keep your germs to yourself and to make sure you aren’t spreading your illness.
- Use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze and throw it away right away. Do not leave your tissues lying around the house.
- If no tissues are available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow and avoid using your hands
- Wash hands immediately after you cough, sneeze, rub eyes or touch your mouth.
- Use soap and warm water to wash your hands for at least 30 seconds
- Keep your distance from other people, avoiding close contact including kissing
- Stay home from work and get ample rest. This is best both for you and your coworkers
- Be sure to disenfect the telephone, door handles, your keyboard and cell phone on a regular basis.
Shannon Lazovski is a social media maven. She is the CEO of her own business, SoGlam Media, editor of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. Shannon is also the Fashion & Beauty Expert for the Village of Rochester Hills. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty & fashion.
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017