Disclaimer: I was provided with a pair of MaternaSole inner soles to try out during my pregnancy. The thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.
Are you pregnant? Does your back hurt? What about your feet, hips, knees or ankles? Suburban Detroit-based podiatrist Dr. Lawrence Brown has developed the MaternaSole, an insole specially designed to provide support to pregnant women.
Based on the Soleair technology, non-breakable air bubbles with a semi-flexible orthotic shell, the Maternal Soles were tested on a group of pregnant women in their last trimester at Wayne State University. Participants reported an 18 percent reduction in forefoot pressure in 80 percent of those that tried the MaternaSoles.
I tried a pair recently as I waddled through the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I had sore feet, a sore back and achy hips. My body was heavier, tilted and unstable as I carried the extra baby weight and my belly grew. I usually wear custom-made orthotics, but they are bulky and wouldn’t fit in my dressy flats. I needed to wear the flats to accommodate my swollen feet. Enter MaternaSoles. These thin insoles provided me with some extra support and alignment for some pain relief.
The MaternaSoles are $29 and available for shoe sizes 6-11. They are available through a limited number of outlets, including Inner Sole Group. They will be available online in the coming weeks.
Rebecca is the founder of findingmyblog.com where she blogs about her passions, dreams and all the glamorous things in life that work for her. She’s also a wife and a glamorous mom of three beautiful girls.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017