Nexium 24HR is the #1 doctor prescribed acid blocker brand made specifically for frequent heartburn. Now Nexium 24HR is available over-the-counter and it’s available at Rite Aid. Nexium 24HR works by blocking acid at the source, giving you 24 hours of protection from painful, unwanted heartburn. Now that this is available over-the-counter we recommend consulting with your doctor to make sure this product is right for you. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can about the product and advise your doctor of the amount of pain or discomfort you feel regarding your heartburn during the discussion. Once the product is approved by your physician, you won’t need a prescription to purchase or renew once you’re out.
For a limited time, if you purchase the 42 count package of this product with your wellness+ card at Rite Aid, you’ll receive a $5 off coupon for your next purchase of Nexium 24HR 42 ct.
Aside from medication, here are a few ways to prevent heartburn on your own:
- Avoid foods or drinks that are more likely to cause heartburn such as spicy, fatty and fried foods.
- Eat slowly and do not eat big meals
- Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime.
- Do not lie flat or bend over soon after eating.
- Avoid smoking
- Be sure to keep your weight within a healthy weight range based on your age and height.