I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the NAIAS Charity Preview at Cobo Hall downtown Detroit last Friday at the North American International Autoshow. If you’re a Glamorous Moms follower and pay attention (hopefully you drop in once and a while) to my social media posts on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram then you know I enjoy glamorous events. And by all means, this night was extremely glamorous. Even though I had many friends and professional connections at the event of my own, I was my husband’s “plus one” and attended as his guest for the evening and enjoyed the evening together with 18 other amazing Covisint professionals.
Of course though, this wasn’t my first rodeo. This year made my 5th year in attendance and I have to say I hope to never miss this event in the future. This is the event of the year in Metro-Detroit and with good reason too!
Friday night’s Charity Preview at the North American International Auto Show was one to remember for many reasons. The most important reason? The event made $5.3 million for nine children’s charities in Southeastern Michigan. NAIAS reported that 13,350 people braved Michigan’s cold outdoor temps (or should I say FREEZING temps) to attend the premier black-tie gala.
I’ve recently read that after Friday night, event organizers say they have surpassed the $100 million mark in total funds raised for children’s charities since the NAIAS Charity Preview was established way back in 1976. Of course, I was only a year old then so I cannot confirm that myself but I believe this fact because the amount of love and effort and professional community support that has been put into this one night has obviously only gotten bigger and better every year. It’s so amazing, the NAIAS Charity Preview has grown to be one of the most high-profile events in the nation.
So let’s get to the nitty gritty here. The evening proceeds directly benefit a long list of children’s charities. Funds raised will support services for children within the following organizations:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Detroit
The Children’s Center
The Detroit Institute for Children
Think Detroit PAL
March of Dimes
Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation
DADA Charitable Foundation Fund
Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
This post is my first here in my “Go Glam or Go Home” (my motto for 2015) section because giving back is the most glamorous thing one can do. Yes, we look glam, (we’re supposed to) but that doesn’t mean more than our open hearts and attendance. Together, all who attended, made that $5.3 million happen and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of such an elite crowd. A crowd that knows what’s really important. Giving back.
Have you had a “Go Glam or Go Home” moment for 2015 yet?
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017