Winter is right around the corner and when the temps get down right cold and the wind kicks up, there’s no doubt our skin is going to suffer. Under these circumstances it’s easy for our skin to react by being dry, flaky, and easily irritated. If your skin is irritated by the weather and your pores are clogged at the same time, it might be time to unclog those pores and give your skin a little attention.
When your skin is chapped or extra dry from the cold, using a strong astringent and harsh products is the last thing you want to do. There are plenty of gentle ways to clean out your pores and keep them clear, right from home.
Here’s a few suggestions that I stand behind:
- Use Steam: Steaming your face may seem old-fashioned, but it’s an old tradition that actually works. Start by putting hot water and rosemary or mint into a bowl. Hover over the bowl with a towel over your head and covering the sides so the only air you breath is the steamy air rising from the bowl. The herbs (my favorite is the mint) create an olfactory experience and helps relax you while your pores open up from the steam. The steam is also great for relieving colds and stuffed-up sinuses, too.
- Try an Enzyme Cleanser: Enzyme cleansers and masks are perfect for over-dry and sensitive skin. I prefer papain or bromelian, but any product that has a fruit enzyme as its main active ingredient will do just fine.
- Fuller’s Earth: The most simple clay mask around, is fuller’s earth. Of course the main ingredient is dirt, but don’t let that scare you away. The higher than average amounts of magnesium inside, acts as an anti-inflammatory. The access water inside hydrates the skin as well.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017