When I’m out and about (especially during the school year) another beautiful mom usually compliments me and likes either my heels or my outfit and graces me a few sweet words to let me know she loves my outfit. I’m not perfect, but I do try to leave the house looking like myself and that’s usually done up with great hair, make up and shoes to remember. I do like leaving the house feeling beautiful and confident, if you know me, then you know it’s kind of my norm. It certainly does help me conquer the day. My rule is unless I’m heading to the gym or working out from home, I usually get ready only once. Typically on a busy day, I may have to run a child to an appointment or practice, pick both kids up in the car line, take on three Skype conference calls in the afternoon and then show up for an in person meeting with a new client. That might just be a normal Thursday and when this type of day occurs I need to have my game face and my game outfit on.
Being a working mom is about conquering it all. Being a Glamorous Mom is about conquering it all and feeling great about yourself at the same time. In my opinion, EVERY MOM can be a Glamorous Mom….you just have to make sure you make the right choices for YOU to get you there. So what do I say to the moms that give me compliments? I always say thank you and throw a compliment back. Why? Because whatever I compliment her on is by all means the truth and she’s already a Glamorous Mom in her own right whether she’s feeing glamorous or not.
Do you like heels? How about embellished flats? Maybe hats is your thing or fun and colorful handbags. Whatever it is, throw on something that makes you feel beautiful when you get ready in the morning and go out there and conquer the day like a true Glamorous Mom. You got this!
Photo: Dropping my son off at Summer camp wearing BCBG Generation blue dress with pockets (God’s gift in a dress), Jessica Simpson cork sling back heels and Ray-Ban sunglasses.
- Summer’s Favorite Shoe; The Slide - July 20, 2017
- Aruba Aloe - July 5, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies; July Customer Offer - June 30, 2017
- Sonja Morgan Wears a Fursan Handbag in France - June 27, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017