Today is the day Walt Disney Co. will bring it’s glittery magic to the Detroit Auto Show. I’ll be attending the press conference with She Buys Cars and Disney Pixar Animation Studios at 2:00 p.m. at Cobo Hall. Rumor has it Disney will unveil a life-size version of one of the film’s stars from their upcoming animated film “Cars 3” due out Summer 2017.
Pixar will not only have a very exciting reveal for all of us to get giddy about, they will also create a “Cars 3”-themed display on the showroom floor that will not just be on display for the press but will also be available to view during the public days as well from Jan. 14th – Jan. 22nd.
I don’t know about you but my family is extremely excited for this reveal. Who could it be? The popular animated movie series has grasped our hearts for years and finally a part 3 is on it’s way. The main character Lightning McQueen (the voice of Owen Wilson) is a legendary race car and up until now the story has been light and fun for all ages. Cars 3 will hit on a few more serious life subjects and will tug at your heart strings no matter how old you are. In the upcoming movie, the star is “blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers.” Something we all can relate to at different points of our lives right?
Since Detroit is a city who loves its cars and everything about making them, the North American International Auto Show is the perfect place both for the reveal and for the Cars 3 presence. Sources say, the first Cars movie grossed $244 million at the box office in 2006. Their second film, grossed close to $191.5 million. Even though the kids who were first introduced to these great characters are a tad older now, there’s still a special place in their hearts for Lighting McQueen and I’m certain the new generation of little ones are going to be glued to the screen too. So will Cars 3 do better than the previous two stories? My guess is yes!
Here’s a little teaser to get your heart pumping and to get you excited for today’s press conference!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @glamorousmoms @ShannonLazovski and on FB at Glamorous Moms for live coverage and special announcements during today’s Disney press conference. I can’t wait to share the big news with all of you!
Photo – Pixar
*Disclosure – This is a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Glamorous Moms and allow us to keep reporting on all things glamorous.
- Valentine’s Day Gifts by Chic Sketch - February 4, 2017
- Banana Republic Expands Partnership With Global Style Ambassador Olivia Palermo - January 31, 2017
- How to Get Luscious Lashes - January 23, 2017
- Alex and Ani Support Global Fund to Fight AIDS with (RED)® - January 23, 2017
- The Best of the 2017 North American International Auto Show Detroit #NAIAS - January 18, 2017
- NAIAS Charity Preview 2017 - January 13, 2017
- Genesis G90 - January 12, 2017
- Tightening Your Skin with Lasers Allows You to Reclaim a Younger, Healthier Look - January 12, 2017
- Lightening McQueen Makes Appearance at the Detroit Auto Show - January 9, 2017
- Disney’s Pixar Unveils ‘Cars 3’ Star at NAIAS Press Conference - January 8, 2017