On day one of press week of the North American International Auto Show, John Lasseter, Pixar’s chief creative officer, introduced a couple of new Cars 3 stars and a life-sized Lightening McQueen to the crowd.
Lasseter described Pixar’s passion for staying true to the auto industry. It was crucial to make the movie events, designs, and storyline as realistic as possible.
Members of the media were given lots of great new information regarding the making of the movie, the designs of the cars and info regarding the new characters; Jackson Storm, a fast, sleek and ready to race frontrunner in the next generation of racers and Cruz Ramirez, a sunny-but-fierce unconventional trainer at the Rust-eze Racing Center.
“Cristela is full of optimism and a positive energy that I think really comes through in Cruz’s personality,” said CARS 3 Director Brian Fee. “And of course, she’s a hilarious comedian, so that doesn’t hurt either. Armie brought a great combination of intensity and charm to the role of Jackson Storm. His charisma helped create a character you really love to hate.”
Jay Shuster and Jay Ward, Pixar designers, also delivered in-depth information explaining their sketches and their need for Ford assistance to make sure their designs were just right.
The good news is, if you weren’t invited to the press conference, Lightening McQueen himself will be on display during the public days at the auto show. So bring the kids and get their pictures taken with Lightening! The show opens to the public Jan. 14-22. More than 300 exhibitors are planning to fill Cobo Center this year. Lightening McQueen will be available for photo opportunities each day the show is open.
Cars 3 is Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“) and Produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short), CARS 3 cruises into theaters on June 16th.
*Disclosure – This is a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Glamorous Moms and allow us to keep reporting on all things glamorous.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Collection; Neal’s Yard Remedies - April 24, 2017
- Versace Mansion aka The Villa Casa Casaurina - April 11, 2017
- Yummy DIY Skin Scrubs - March 22, 2017
- Food Blogger Sarah Beaton Turns to “Clean” Beauty Products - March 21, 2017