The Genesis G90 is a luxury sedan I had to get to know at the North American International Auto Show. I’ve been hearing about Genesis for a while now and several people made it a point to mention the brand to me. They thought it would be a perfect fit for my style and taste and after spending some quality time with brand team leads and a few G90s at NAIAS, I think they’re right.
In case you didn’t know, “Genesis” refers to the name of Hyundai’s new-for-2017 luxury brand, which just recently branched out on its own as it introduces five new models by 2021. After owning several Audi and Mercedes Benz vehicles, German engineering has always been my true love, but this Genesis luxury sedan now has my attention. I currently drive a Mercedes and even though others have tried to win me over, I haven’t really turned my head until I sat in the Genesis G90. Hmmmmm. Something new. Something exciting and different yet still so glamorous and luxurious. Some say it’s a “simpler alternative” to the already established and successful luxury lines. I’m now paying attention.
The Genesis fleet isn’t very exotic or extravagant from the outside. It’s somewhat of a Mary Anne instead of a Ginger at first look. Its design is very similar to the G80. I almost didn’t notice the difference. It’s a luxurious looking vehicle yes, but more simple, and that’s actually okay. Having heavy comparison to the Mercedes Benz S class, the hood, grille, and formal roofline certainly have a dignified presence. The headlights have softer forms and the tail lights lean inward into the quarter panel which gives a softer, sleeker look.
If you’re a mom like me and you are in the car a lot driving to and from cheer, gymnastics, lacrosse and chess on a regular basis then you know how important comfort is when it comes to a vehicle. Safety is crucial too. The Genesis can deliver. The Genesis team lead at NAIAS explained several safety features and pointed out that half the body is high-strength steel. He also made it a point to tell me the vehicle is a couple of points stiffer than the Mercedes-Benz S550. Looks like my main squeeze has some competition.
Here are few more bells and whistles on the G90 that quite impress me:
- automatic sun shades for all three back windows
- 12.3-inch wide-screen dashboard display
- smart posture caring (SPC) system
- auto-breaking with pedestrian detection
- driver-drowsiness monitor
- 12-way adjustable rear seats
- automatic driving modes
- h-trac all wheel drive
- wireless phone charger
- heads up safety feature
- ceiling mirrors for backseat passengers
Visit the North American International Auto Show and see the Genesis G90 for yourself. The show will be open to the public Saturday, January 14th through Saturday, January 21, 2017 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday, January 22, 2017 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Tickets are $13 per person, $7 ages 65 and older and $7 children 7-12 yrs old. Ages 6 and under are free. Click here to purchase your Etickets.
*Disclosure – This is a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Glamorous Moms and allow us to keep reporting on all things glamorous.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017
- Frankincense Intense Collection; Neal’s Yard Remedies - April 24, 2017
- Versace Mansion aka The Villa Casa Casaurina - April 11, 2017
- Yummy DIY Skin Scrubs - March 22, 2017
- Food Blogger Sarah Beaton Turns to “Clean” Beauty Products - March 21, 2017