DIY skin scrubs are easy, yummy and inexpensive. Oh and yes, the idea of lathering sugar and oil all over your body can be extremely pleasant not to mention how great the health benefits are of the exfoliation process. There are many DIY scrub recipes out there and they’re just as efficient if not better than store bought scrubs.
Instead of purchasing a high-maintenance, high-chemical scrub from the most popular department stores, we recommend you make your own. When you make you own, you know first hand what the ingredients are (and probably can pronounce them), you can skip the excess packaging, and have perfect skin to show for your DIY efforts. Here are three smell-good, super yummy formulas to get you started.
Banana Sugar Body Scrub
• 1 ripe banana
• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
• ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Smash ingredients together in a bowl with a fork. Don’t over-mash. After cleansing in the shower, gently massage the sugar mix over your body. Rinse with warm water.
*Mixing savory herbs with lemon and salt is great for the skin.
Vanilla Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
• 1/2 cup pure all natural coconut oil
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix ingredients together. Rub on skin after cleansing in the shower, massage, and rinse.
Coffee Body Scrub
- 1/4 Grape Seed Oil
- 1/3 Cup Grape Seed Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Coffee Grounds
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together, lather on skin after cleansing in a warm shower, rinse.
*Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Glamorous Moms and allow us to keep reporting on all things glamorous.
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017