Sometimes our skin and hair need a little extra attention. If you don’t have the time or money to purchase an expensive salon product or most importantly, if you would like to go strictly organic, making your own DIY Natural Beauty Recipe might be the best option.
Here are five of our favorite DIY recipes that could save your life!
Caviar is an acquired taste and is always served during the most glamorous occasions but it also has beauty benefits too! Caviar is rich in antioxidants, omega-3, omega-6, protein and offers several anti-aging benefits. Because of these properties, Caviar also helps with the production of collagen and is known to minimize inflammation. To make your own caviar mask, you will need:
- 1oz of black caviar
- 2 teaspoons of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of grape seed oil
- 3 drops of bergamot oil
Mix all of the ingredients and gently apply over the face and neck. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a damp washcloth.
- 1/2 cup of grape seed oil
- 9 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil
Mix all of the ingredients and place into a small apothecary jar to store in your nightstand. This oil is excellent to massage into the temple during stressful moments and headaches. It’s also a great way to pamper and relax your significant other.
To treat your own damaged hair, you will need:
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
If you have long hair, be sure to double the recipe above. Whisk ingredients together. Apply the mask evenly throughout damp hair one inch past the roots and all the way to the ends. Tie up hair in a loose top bun. Then, cover hair with a shower cap and let sit for 30 minutes. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner and style as usual.
Homemade Toner for Acne Prone Skin
Acne is a pain isn’t it? Especially adult acne but it happens. Make sure you’re eating a healthy/organic diet, drink lots of water and keep your make up brushes clean. Another simple tip is to treat your skin when it’s acting up.
To make your own acne curing toner, you will need:
- 1/2 cup green tea
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- spray bottle or jar with lid
Mix ingredients together. After cleansing skin, apply your home made toner with a cotton ball on skin. Store this toner in the refrigerator–it should keep for about two weeks!
- Frankincense Intense Lift Serum by Neal’s Yard Remedies - June 9, 2017
- SPARK 2017; Detroit Garment Group’s 2nd Annual Fashion Fete - June 5, 2017
- 19th Annual Women Helping Women Luncheon and Fashion Show - June 2, 2017
- DIY Natural Beauty Recipes - June 2, 2017
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Aromatherapy Kit; May Special - May 22, 2017
- Yellow Tinted Sunglasses - May 16, 2017
- Trilogy Cheer Performs Flawless Routines; Wins Wildcard Division and Summit Championship - May 15, 2017
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay to Wear Randi Rahm on Premiere Episode - May 13, 2017
- Grace Centers Of Hope Holds “Women Helping Women” Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 5, 2017
- Looking Young and Healthy Thin with LightRx - April 25, 2017